Why does Paul Millsap think he can get past LeBron James this series?
The Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Lakers open the Western Conference Finals on Friday night.
The Nuggets were able to come back from a 3-1 deficit in the semifinals but Game 1 will present Denver with another challenge. The Nuggets are going in as the underdog against a Lakers team who is the favorite to win it all.
Denver’s forward Paul Millsap has been a key piece and a veteran presence in the locker room for the Nuggets. Millsap has faced LeBron James twice in the playoffs before as a member of the Atlanta Hawks, but LeBron came out on top both times. Why does Millsap think he can get past him this series?
Sports Illustrated host Kaitlin O’Toole is joined by SI’s NBA writer Rohan Nadkarni who had an opportunity to speak with Millsap prior to Game 1 and shares his insight.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Reggie Miller and Chris Webber Preview the X-Factors of the Western Conference Finals
- Wade Barrett Signs With WWE as Part of the NXT Broadcast Team
- Messi Scores Pair of Goals in Barcelona’s Preseason Friendly vs. Girona
- Mickie James Seeks Seventh WWE Title in Championship Program With Asuka
- Gareth Bale’s Agent Confirms Talks Over Possible Tottenham Return From Real Madrid
- Ten Things We Learned From the Big Ten’s Reversal on Playing a Fall Season
- Daniel Cormier Would Relish WWE Commentary Role: ‘I Would Love That, and I Wouldn’t Be Faking It’
- Mailbag: How Does the Big Ten’s Return Affect the NFL Draft?